SO WE HAVE MADE THE CHANGE!
The Rockwood Theatre (previously The Barnyard Theatre) is now producing its own shows guaranteed for all ages.
It is still has the same owners and also the same premises in the Parkview Shopping Centre PTA East, so don’t worry, the show goes on!
We are also glad to report that our first shows that have been extremely well received and positively reviewed!
So why the change?
- After 15 years’ experience, we know what the Pretoria market enjoys in a show and that we plan to incorporate this knowledge into the shows that the Rockwood Theatre stages.
- Focus on the shows being a family experience and outing where you feel comfortable to bring ALL ages.
- Moved the buy-1-get-1-free evening to a Thursday evening. Sunday specials will remain!
- On Friday and Saturday evenings, the foyer area will transform into a dance area for all those who want the party to carry on!
- Focus on the intimacy of the venue to a warm and inviting night out.
- Make the venue more versatile and flexible in its offerings outside of the normal shows such as staging outside artists and bands on a Wednesday evening.
Our new shows are being produced and directed by the seasoned performer Andrew Webster. Andrew brings a wealth of experience spanning 25 years from musical theatre to TV to film.
Ann and I are extremely excited about Andrew joining our team and judging by the feedback we have received, convinced that with the Rockwood Theatre’s independence, new focus, show schedule, the new look and feel (even a VIP section), we can offer our loyal patrons the shows and service we know they will enjoy.
For those who have become loyal patrons of our smaller venue upstairs, Musiekskuur, we can assure you that it is unaffected by this change.
Tom and Ann - Owners