We are excited to announce that The Barnyard Theatre in Pretoria will be changing its name to the Rockwood Theatre
and producing its own shows from the 1st of June 2017, the first being A Beautiful Noise
– a tribute to Country, Folk and Acoustic Rock.
- After 15 years' experience, we know what the Pretoria market enjoys in a show and that we plan to incorporate this knowledge into the shows that the Rockwood Theatre stages.
- Focus on the shows being a family experience and outing where you feel comfortable to bring your children.
- Move the buy-1-get-1-free evening to a Thursday. Sunday specials will remain!
- Focus on the intimacy of the venue to a warm and inviting night out. So, on Friday and Saturday evenings, the foyer area will transform into a dance area with its own DJ for all those who want the party to carry on!
- Make the venue more versatile and flexible in its offerings outside of the normal shows such as staging outside artists and bands on a Wednesday evening, not the usual Monday evening.
- You will notice that we have already begun to make the changes. We hope you will enjoy them!
Our new shows will be produced and directed by the seasoned performer Andrew Webster. Andrew brings a wealth of experience spanning 25 years from musical theatre to TV to film. He has also been part of a number of Barnyard Theatre shows over the past 15 years.
Ann and I are extremely excited about Andrew joining our team and are convinced that with the Rockwood Theatre’s
independence, new focus, show schedule, the new look and feel (even a VIP section!), we can offer our loyal patrons the shows and service we know they will enjoy.
Varies per show. Please check the website.